Are you planning to sell your home this year? Many homeowners think they need to invest thousands of dollars into their home to increase its resale value. This might include extensive renovations to the kitchen or master bathroom. While these remodels can be very effective, there are other ways to boost the curb appeal without breaking the bank. One impactful option is to install new shutters on the exterior of the home. The benefits of shutters aren’t only limited to the outside. This simple addition can also improve the quality of life inside of the home—something a potential buyer will love.
Here are just a few of the ways installing new shutters in Baton Rouge, LA can upgrade your home’s curb appeal:
- Better appearance: Old, decrepit shutters make the exterior of a home look neglected and unappealing. Simply replacing the derelict shutters with something fresh and new will drastically change the appearance of the home for the better. Select shutters that complement the rest of the style and color of the home. For example, a classic wood option will pair well with most exteriors. On the other hand, statement shutters can serve as a focal point for a modern facade.
- Great first impression: Start a tour off on the right foot by greeting potential buyers with a beautiful exterior. New shutters send the message that the current owner has invested both time and effort into the home. A forgotten exterior can often result in worry about the state of the rest of the property.
- Keep sunlight out: Shutters can help regulate the interior temperature of the home. They will keep the warmth inside during the winter by preventing cold air from entering the home, and maintain a cool temperature by blocking the sun in the summer months. A buyer will be thankful for this addition, as it will help keep energy costs low.
- Privacy: Privacy is a must-have for many families shopping for a new home. Shutters offer a high level of protection by preventing prying eyes from peeking in. The level of privacy can easily be adjusted just by changing the tilt of the shutters as needed.
- Complete look: Dated shutters can be eyesores on an otherwise beautiful home. Updating the shutters to better match the exterior can have a big impact on the curb appeal. A shutter specialist will work with you to determine the best option for the style, color and size of the home. The coordinated appearance will look like something straight out of a magazine.
Investing in new shutters is one home improvement project that will pay off. Typically, a set of shutters will cost anywhere from $700 to $2,000, based on the amount needed, size, materials and the construction. The experts at Wall Décor & More Interiors can help you freshen up your home with new shutters in Baton Rouge, LA. Call us today to learn more about our different design packages for both inside and outside the home!
Categorised in: Shutters
This post was written by Writer