Planning on selling your home this year? Then you know just how much curb appeal matters. A potential buyer can form an opinion of the home within seconds of pulling into the driveway. That’s why it’s so important to make the exterior of the home as attractive as possible to prospective buyers. Adding window treatments is an effective, yet simple way to enhance the home from the outside.
A home can quickly go from a potential option to a must-have just with the addition of custom exterior shades in Baton Rouge, LA. The right window treatments can tie the exterior of the home together for a cohesive look. A window treatment expert can design custom shutters or wooden shades to create an enviable exterior that looks straight out of a magazine. Exterior wood treatments can also increase privacy, protect the glass from debris and even reduce monthly energy bills. Here are a few tips for how you can use window treatments to boost your home’s curb appeal:
- Color coordinate: One of the best ways to create an attractive-looking exterior is to coordinate the window treatments with the front door. Matching the style, material and paint of each will make the home look stylish and well designed. Sticking to a similar color palette will have the same effect if you’re looking for something a bit different.
- Paint the trim: This is a simple thing buyers will be sure to appreciate. Clean up chipped or faded window trims with a fresh coat of paint. This small investment will make the home look new and fresh again.
- Boost energy efficiency: Window treatments are so much more than just decoration. Many different options offer increased control over the incoming amount of light, which will help maintain the interior temperature in addition to improving heat retention. This way, the air conditioner or heater doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature within the home, which will help reduce monthly energy bills. This is an upgrade a prospective homebuyer will be sure to appreciate.
- Enhance storm protection: Anyone living in an area prone to severe storms and hurricanes knows how important it is to stay protected in bad weather conditions. Upgrading to aluminum hurricane- and storm-grade shutters will provide your home with an additional layer of protection against bad weather.
- Increase privacy: Offer a potential buyer an added sense of security with shutte A window without a treatment allows the outside world to easily sneak a peek inside of the home. This can be incredibly off-putting for anyone who values their privacy. Provide a sense of security by adding treatments to each of the windows.
- Clean the windows: This one may seem obvious, but it’s important. Clean the windows and window treatments of any dirt, dust and streaks to really let them shine.
Let Wall Décor & More Interiors help you improve your home with custom exterior shades in Baton Rouge, LA. Call us today to learn more about how exterior window shades can boost your curb appeal.
Categorised in: Custom Window Shades
This post was written by Writer