One of the most popular interior design trends for 2018 is the installation of plantation shutters. Also known as plantation blinds, these shutters are made for interior windows and have wide louvers, or slats. Usually, plantation shutters in Baton Rouge, LA are sold in white or a stained wood color and match the interior of almost any home effortlessly.
Homeowners who have made the leap to plantation shutters are very rarely disappointed because of how elegant, simple and clean they look within the home. If your current blinds or window draperies are damaged or are looking a little worse for wear, consider making an upgrade to plantation shutters. Here are some other reasons to choose plantation shutters for your home in 2018:
- Maintenance-free: For some other types of window treatments, cleaning time can end in disaster. Blinds often need to be taken down and scrubbed, draperies must be removed and washed and other treatments come with their own headaches. For plantation shutters, cleaning is as simple as closing them and dusting them off or running a damp cloth over each louver. No complex re-installation required!
- Durable: Although plantation shutters are a bit of an investment—they tend to cost more than the average set of blinds or drapes—they are also extremely durable and will last a long time. Not only that, but they get installed directly to the shape of the window, meaning there’s little risk of their being pulled down.
- Light control: The wide louvers on plantation shutters make them perfect for letting in or blocking out light whenever you want. Closed plantation shutters in Baton Rouge, LA are great for keeping rooms dark during early-morning sunrises, while wide-open shutters can fill rooms with light. This is also why they are so good at maintaining privacy and keeping sneaky eyes from peering inside your home.
- Energy-efficient: Plantation shutters can actually offer great insulation for your home. They are able to prevent drafts from windows and can block the transfer of heat, keeping your house cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Partially open shutters can also reflect sun back outside while still letting in light.
- No need for other decorations: Plantation shutters are installed within their own frame onto your window. Because they create a fuller-looking design, homeowners usually find that they don’t need to spend more money on other draperies or window treatments—the shutters look good on their own.
- Looks great: Finally, plantation shutters simply look great! No matter what kind of decorations you have in your home, plantation shutters look clean and elegant in almost every room of your house.
If you would like to install plantation shutters in your home, contact Wall Décor & More Interiors. We’ve helped clients for over 20 years with our full-service interior design services, helping you personalize your space from floor to ceiling. We specialize in window treatments and offer a wide selection of draperies, blinds and plantation shutters in Baton Rouge, LA. We even offer a selection of furniture pieces and décor to complete the room’s look! Call us today to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Plantation Shutters
This post was written by Writer