If you are trying to sell your home or just trying to make it look nice for guests, you are likely putting a lot of effort into sprucing up the inside and making it as clean and homey as possible. Furniture, window treatments and decoration all matter here—but people often forget that the outside of your house matters just as much, if not more.
Curb appeal is a huge component of attracting buyers and leaving a positive impression on passersby. If the outside looks shoddy, buyers may pass by without stopping to even peek inside. While preparing your home, make sure you aren’t showcasing any of these curb appeal killers:
- Bad lighting: The lights outside your home should create a positive atmosphere for when the sun sets. Make sure you have lights that are bright enough without being too harsh, and position them in places where it makes sense, like over the door, on the porch and near walkways.
- Damaged front door: The door is the focal point of your home, drawing the eye of passersby. If their eyes are drawn to a dirty or damaged front door, or even one that doesn’t match the home’s exterior, it will throw the entire look off.
- Poorly maintained lawn: Your lawn should be cut regularly, watered and fertilized to create a haven around your home. Make sure weeds are pulled, trees are healthy and gardens or flowerbeds look appealing, not unsightly.
- Dirty windows: Windows affect both how you see to the outside and how other people see your home. Be sure to clean them, inside and out, to keep them sparkling.
- Ugly window treatments: Finally, a less known but all-too-common curb appeal killer is having bad window treatments on the interior and exterior of the home. Ugly drapes, blinds or shutters can make your house look strange and mismatched.
Bringing curb appeal back with window treatments
If you are a culprit of allowing curb appeal killers around your home, fix them fast! Take care of your lawn, fix the front door and lighting and wash your windows. Then, call a window treatment designer to select the best options for your types of windows and home.
To help you get started, consider making all your street-facing interior window treatments white. White is a great neutral color that won’t clash against most house exteriors. If you don’t want to do this, at least make them all match to create a unified look.
One of the best window treatments to help you accomplish a beautiful-looking home is plantation shutters. With large shutters that provide privacy while maintaining elegance, plantation shutters in Baton Rouge, LA look good in almost every home and match just about every interior design scheme. You can also add draperies on top of the shutters for a pop of color or to match the design of an individual room.
If shutters aren’t your thing, faux blinds and roman shades are also good options for street-facing windows because of the uniformity and simple designs they display.
Are you in need of help finding the perfect window treatments to boost your home’s curb appeal? Call the interior design experts at Wall Decor & More Interiors. We offer a wide selection of window treatments, including shades, blinds and plantation shutters in Baton Rouge, LA. We’re also your one-stop shop for furniture, decorations and custom draperies! Call today to see how we can help make your home beautiful.
Categorised in: Plantation Shutters
This post was written by Writer