While most of us love letting natural light filter through our windows, we aren’t totally comfortable leaving our windows bare. Window treatments add a level of privacy, insulation and sun protection to our windows, while also adorning them with a bit of decoration to complete the look of a room.
Blinds are a popular choice of window treatment because they are simple, easy to control and relatively inexpensive. The type of blinds you select can drastically alter the way your room looks from both the inside and the outside. However, with so many choices of blinds in Baton Rouge, LA to select from, how do you know which is the best for your home?
As window treatment and interior design experts, we want to share the answers to this often-asked question. Here are some tips and things to consider when selecting the right blinds for your home:
- Size: The first thing to know when selecting your blinds is how large you want the blinds to be. Slats in blinds typically run between ½ inch and 2 inches. Each different size will produce a different look. For example, smaller slats look more contemporary than larger slats, which are more old-fashioned.
- Material: You can find blinds in Baton Rouge, LA in numerous types of material such as vinyl, wood or cloth. The most common styles are made of vinyl or aluminum—they look great in just about every room and are safe from moisture damage. Wood blinds create a more homey atmosphere but are not good choices for the bathroom or kitchen. Cloth blinds are interesting because they let light filter in and create a soft look.
- Direction: Think about whether your blinds should run horizontally or vertically. Horizontal blinds are the standard for windows. However, windows that are more wide than tall or sliding doors will usually look and operate better with vertical blinds that can be pulled to the side.
- Color: Color is another important factor and will largely depend on the style of your home. White blinds are a standard in most homes, as they look great from the outside and will match most interior decorations. However, black and brown blinds can also be interesting. You also can stain wood blinds to match the wood trim around your windows.
- Budget: Ultimately, you’ll want to decide how much you are willing to spend on window treatments for your home. While blinds are one of the most affordable window treatment options on the market, certain kinds may be more expensive, such as wood blinds. If money is tight, consider opting for a less expensive blind but adding decorative draperies on top for a more elegant style.
Are you in the market for blinds in Baton Rouge, LA and aren’t sure which to pick? Call the interior design experts at Wall Decor & More Interiors. We offer a wide selection of window treatments, including shades, blinds and plantation shutters. We’re also your one-stop shop for furniture, decorations and custom draperies! Call today to see how we can help you find the perfect blinds for your home.
Categorised in: Blinds
This post was written by Writer