Roman shades are a unique, elegant solution that you can use to keep unwanted sunlight out of your home. First invented by the Romans in order to block out the hot Etruscan sun, these shades are still one of the most sought-after styles nearly 2,000 years after their inception.
Unlike conventional shades, which are made from slats of wood, plastic or metal, Roman shades are made of cloth or fabric sheets that fold into perfectly divided portions when elevated and fall perfectly, vertically flat when lowered. This inventive design allows you the reap all of the stylistic benefits of curtains, while experiencing the energy-saving and privacy-gaining boons of shades.
If you’re looking for the perfect way to shade your home, you should strongly consider investing in Roman shades in East Baton Rouge Parish, LA. Here are just some of the benefits associated with Roman shades:
- Stylish, timeless design: Roman shades are effortlessly stylish and they’re the perfect complement to virtually any décor scheme. Because they either lay perfectly flat, when lowered, or from stunning rows when elevated, Roman shades are eye-fetching statement pieces that are also exceptionally functional. There’s no shortage of benefits experienced when you invest in Roman shades.
- Versatile sophistication: Roman shades seamlessly blend in with virtually any aesthetic you may have in your home. Whether your décor scheme exemplifies classical elegance or is modern, urban and industrial, you can find Roman shades that allow you to demonstrate your unique and interesting taste. Common Roman shade patterns include solid colors, floral patterns and stripes.
- Simple to use: Most Roman shades are manipulated using a high-quality locking cord mechanism, similar to that found on most conventional blinds. Other Roman shades, however, are now being installed with mechanical, electronic devices that can be controlled using a switch or even a smartphone app. This makes Roman shades exceptionally easy to use.
- Sunlight and privacy control: Because Roman shades consist of a solid piece of cloth or fabric, they offer greater light protection and privacy than almost any other type of window treatment available. Depending on the level of privacy and light blockage you want, you can choose from a wide range of opacity levels. Of course, you can always raise your shades to your desired levels, as well.
- Improved energy efficiency: One of the primary benefits of installing Roman shades is that they allow you to reduce your energy expenses. Because they’re so adapt at blocking out solar rays, Roman shades are an excellent form of indoor climate control. Roman shades can help you maintain a steady, comfortable temperature inside your home while minimizing your air conditioning costs.
Since 1996, Wall Décor & More Interiors has been the premier purveyor of Roman shades in East Baton Rouge Parish, LA. We’re proud to provide each of our clients with window treatments and interior design services that advance their aesthetic goals, and allow them to make the most of their homes. Contact us today to learn more.
Categorised in: Shades
This post was written by Writer