Whether you hire an expert for home design help or take on the process of decorating your home on your own, it’s important to know that investing in interior design doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money. All in all, it’s really a good balance of splurges and savings. Your splurge items should be pieces that enhance the look of a space, like artwork or custom drapes in Baton Rouge, LA. The items you want to save on, meanwhile, are the pieces meant to fill out your design and preserve your budget. Here are some of the best ways to spend your home redecorating budget.
Where to save
There are aspects of home redecorating that have some wiggle room. The following are easy ways to save:
- Dining room table: Sure, a dining table is an important piece of furniture, but it doesn’t have to be grossly expensive. However, you should get a quality table so you don’t have to replace it several times over. Pro tip: pass up the cheaply made laminated tabletops, as they will fall apart in no time.
- Classic tile: With so many tile options on the market you’re bound to find quite a few at reasonable prices. Tile is a fantastic material for updating kitchens and bathrooms, and it can be installed in any pattern you want. You can save even more of your budget by installing tile yourself.
- Accent chairs: You have a sofa and coffee table in your living room, but you might need some stylish furnishings to fill the rest of the space. A mixture of inexpensive side chairs can accent the room while looking nice. For uniqueness, hit up vintage or thrift shops. These chairs may not match your sofa, which is why your sofa will stand out.
Things to spurge on
Get ready to splurge! These are the pieces decorating pros recommend homeowners spend a little more of their budget on:
- Statement lighting: Two reasons come to mind when deciding to replace residential lighting. You’re either getting ready to sell your home, or you want to update your space. If you’re in the latter camp, then you want to ensure you beautify and personalize the space with a statement lighting piece. Splurge on a beautiful pendant or chandelier that matches your style. This will be the focal point of the room.
- Custom drapes: There really is no standard size for window treatments. Each window in every home will be different. Therefore, rarely can you walk into a store and find curtains that fit perfectly. To get the exact size window coverings, allocate some of your redecorating budget toward custom drapes in Baton Rouge, LA. You’ll get proper sized panels in the fabric and patterns you want.
- Well-made countertops: Although quality countertops are a splurge item, still keep your budget at the forefront of your mind when shopping around. When replacing countertops, it’s a good plan to invest in a quality material, like quartz, granite or a treated hardwood. Since this is a splurge, avoid choosing laminate—it won’t last long.
From interior design to custom drapes in Baton Rouge, LA, Wall Decor & More Interiors has you covered. Reach out to us today to arrange a consultation!
Categorised in: Draperies
This post was written by Writer