Are you looking to sell your home? If so, you are probably largely focused on things like furniture, curb appeal and paint jobs when it comes to staging. But there is one important yet often overlooked staging element that you might be neglecting: window treatments.
As a design service that creates custom window treatments in Baton Rouge, LA, we have seen firsthand the difference that the right window treatments can make for the overall look and feel of a home. With that in mind, here are some tips and tricks for making the most out of your custom window treatments in Baton Rouge, LA when staging a home:
- Lighten up: If you watch home improvement and real estate shows on TV, then you probably know that one of the things on many people’s “must” lists is lots of natural light. If you keep dark shades or curtains on your windows, then they may be blocking the natural light that could make your home look more appealing to a potential buyer. Be sure to take them down before showing your house!
- Keep it clean: Chances are, you will make sure your floors, countertops, furniture and walls are all spotless before showing your home to potential buyers. But window treatments need to be cleaned as well! You can wash your curtains or take them to the dry cleaner, and wipe blinds or shutters with a cloth. You can also hire a professional cleaning service that includes window treatments in its services.
- Customize: Do you already have custom window treatments? Your impulse might be to bring them with you, but will you really use them in your new space? And beyond that, it is important to keep in mind that potential buyers love to have extra touches included in the home. Unless you are certain you will have a use for the custom window treatments in your new home, you ought to leave them in place. You might even consider investing in custom treatments before selling, to make your home more enticing to buyers.
- Sheer genius: We have already talked about how great natural light can be when staging your home. But the solution is not necessarily to leave the windows bare, as there will of course be times when people want to cover the windows up. One great compromise is using sheer curtains. They allow natural light in and offer outdoor views, but still provide some privacy.
- Positioning curtain rods: When hanging curtains, be sure to place the rod as high as possible, as this will make your ceilings appear taller. You can also use double rods, so that you can hang both heavy curtains and sheer curtains, giving the potential buyer some increased options.
Now that you understand the importance that window treatments can play when staging your home, you might want to invest in some custom window treatments in Baton Rouge, LA. If you would like to learn more about the different options available to you, feel free to get in touch with Wall Décor & More Interiors anytime.
Categorised in: Window Treatments
This post was written by Writer