Hiring an interior designer is the best way to make your dream home a reality, since these professionals know the best ways to incorporate design elements practically and fashionably. However, not all interior designers are created equal, and choosing the wrong one for your home, your needs and your personality can quickly turn into a disaster.
Luckily, we’re here to help you out when it comes to choosing someone for interior design in Baton Rouge, LA. Continue reading to learn a few of the tell-tale signs that you’re working with the wrong interior designer:
- Bad initial chemistry: Our best advice is to always trust your gut when you first meet with an interior designer. Are they kind of standoffish? Do they seem like the type of person who will be challenging to work with? If you get these or any other bad vibes, tell them, “Thanks, but no thanks!” Redesigning your home could be a long project, so make sure you work with someone you get along with really well.
- Budget concerns: Good interior designers can take your ideas and your budget and make them work together. Obviously, some grandiose ideas with small budgets can’t be accomplished, but any designer worth their salt should be able to take elements of your dream and make them a reality without overspending. Feel free to shop around and see which designers come up with the best plans for the least amount of money.
- Your design ideas don’t match: Some clients want the designer to come up with an idea all on their own, while there are others who prefer to work more closely with the designer to complete the project. If you’re a client in the latter group, make sure you and your designer have similar visions and can work together to finish your project. Take a look at the designer’s portfolio to ensure they’ve done similar projects before.
- Little to no experience: We understand that every designer has to start somewhere, but would you prefer to hire someone who’s never tackled a big project before, or someone who has decades of industry experience? When you choose Wall Decor & More Interiors, you can rest easy knowing that you’re in good hands. We have over two decades of experience and an extensive portfolio to back it up!
- Poor or slow communication: Your designer should get back to you with answers to your questions as quickly as possible. Designers can get busy when they have multiple projects going on at one time, but that doesn’t mean they should ignore you for weeks on end. If you want your redesign to look great and be done on time, open and fast communication is key.
If you’re looking for experienced interior designers, look no further than Wall Decor & More Interiors. We have years of experience with interior design in Baton Rouge, LA, and we offer competitive rates for projects both large and small. Give us a call today to get a quote or learn more about all of the different design services we can provide!
Categorised in: Interior Designers
This post was written by Writer