Dreaming of sprucing up the kitchen or matching the living room décor to the new furniture? Spring is the perfect time to freshen up your home—starting with interior design in Baton Rouge, LA.
Last year’s top trends of rose gold everything and subway tiles have been updated with natural touches that evoke feelings of warmer weather. Others incorporate hints of luxury that make a big impact.
Opt for a subtle upgrade to breathe new life to a space or go for the big and bold with a new wall color. Either way, you’re sure to find the perfect inspiration for your home. Read on to discover the top interior design trends of 2019:
- Natural elements: Bring the outside inside with fresh natural materials. Incorporate live plants, stone, concrete and granite into a living room to create a fresh space. Choose light-colored fixtures, as they will create a feeling of lightness and even seemingly expand the space. You’ll feel at peace with these organic materials, no matter how crazy the world is outside.
- Floral patterns: This has hung on as one of the top trends in interior design in Baton Rouge, LA. Floral patterns bring new light to previously dark rooms. Consider floral patterned throw pillows or adding excitement to a room with a floral accent wall.
- Rich color palettes: Muted color palettes have been left behind in 2018. This year is all about the rich and the bold. A striking hunter green, dramatic red or royal purple can give the right decorative pop. Use it sparingly, though, as too much will overwhelm some rooms. We recommend complementing an existing neutral room with a dramatic red couch for the perfect touch.
- Geometric patterns: Subway tiles were great for 2018, but they’re boring compared to the geometric tiles taking over 2019. Geometric patterned tiles feature bold and oversized patterns that are the focus of attention when used for a shower wall or kitchen backsplash.
- Bucket sinks: This vintage favorite is back. The farm-house inspired bucket sink is both functional and on-trend. They’re perfect for a family-friendly bathroom and add the perfect touch of nostalgia to the kitchen.
- Concrete accents: Concrete provides a clean and crisp look. It’s becoming an increasingly popular choice for everything from countertops to kitchen tables. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to clean and maintain.
- Artisanal lighting: Make a statement with artisanal lighting. Many interior designers are turning to local craftsman and artists for one-of-a-kind lighting fixtures that will add a creative element, along with illumination. These fixtures personalize the home in a way no mass-produced lighting piece ever could.
Ready to update your home with the latest styles and trends? Contact Wall Décor & More Interiors today. Our experienced interior designers will reinvent your space to reflect your unique style using the latest trends. We customize everything to ensure your home’s interior is truly one-of-a-kind. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Interior Designers
This post was written by Writer